You are here
Please Note: The following questions and answers are not intended to provide legal advice, there may be misinterpretations or omissions in the information. Nonetheless, we hope you find this information helpful. Please contact us with any questions. We are always happy to help you!
Do I have to use the shop my insurance company recommends or can I take it to Kuroda Auto Body?
No, you can always choose Kuroda Auto Body.
We are a licensed repair dealer employing certified technicians trained and equipped to repair your damaged vehicle. The repair of auto collision damage is critical to the safety and performance of your vehicle. The repair shop is responsible for the guarantee of workmanship of your vehicle.
Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
Yes, Kuroda Auto Body offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty against any workmanship issues performed by us, for as long as you own your vehicle.
Do I have to get 3 estimates?
No, you do not need to get multiple estimates; you only need to notify your insurance representative as to where you will be having your repairs done. Your insurance company will work hand in hand with your choice of shop to insure you receive the service and quality repairs you have come to expect.
What happens if the insurance company’s estimate is lower than the one I get from Kuroda Auto Body?
At Kuroda Auto Body, we try to write as thorough an estimate as possible. The insurance company appraiser may include only the most obvious damage in their estimate.
Just bring the insurance estimate in with you and we can go over the differences. If necessary, we’ll notify the insurance company of the changes we need to make. Generally, this just takes a phone call and we will bill the responsible insurance company for any price variances at the completion of the repair.
Do I need an appointment for an estimate?
To better serve our customers and minimize your wait time, we ask that you call us at 676-1941 to schedule your estimate appointment.
How long will the repairs to my vehicle take?
Upon completion of your repair plan assessment, our estimator will give you a Target Date. The Target Date is our projected completion date of repairs. Please keep in mind that not all damage may be visible during the initial inspection of your vehicle and may not be found until the technician starts the actual repair process. Our customer service representative will apprise you of any changes to your Target Date.
Where do I get the claim number?
Claim numbers are issued by your insurance company at the time you report your accident. Call us with your claim number when scheduling your estimate appointment, and we can start the repair process for you.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm; Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, by appointment.
If my vehicles frame is damaged is it a total loss?
No. A car is total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance company’s determined value of your vehicle. Today, most cars are built using unibody (frame & body as one) construction. Using the latest computer measuring system, our skilled technicians can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If it is determined that the frame is bent beyond repair, the damaged section can be replaced.
Can you match the paint color?
Almost all colors can be matched by creating an illusion. Kuroda Auto Body employs highly skilled paint professionals who are factory trained using the latest water based computerized paint mixing system.
Kuroda Auto Body a process to ensure a close color match:
- Your vehicle has an information label that includes a paint code, identifying the color of your car.
- Our computerized paint-mixing system includes the standard color for your car and known variants. The database of known variants is important because in the vehicle manufacturing there is some variability (such variations typically occur between paint lots or between factories). We check for the best match among these base colors and their variants.
- A perfect match usually cannot be obtained by tinting alone.
- Blending is used to fade the freshly painted finish into the original. Between tinting and blending, the illusion of a color match area occurs.
How do I arrange for a rental car?
Check your policy and/or call the insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and what your specific limitations are. If you do have rental reimbursement coverage, your insurance claims adjuster will set up your rental reservations. We will call the rental agency courtesy shuttle to pick you up here at Kuroda Auto Body when you drop off your vehicle for repairs.
What should I do before I drop off my vehicle on its scheduled repair date?
- Arrange for alternative transportation. Contact your insurance adjuster, if necessary, to arrange a rental reservation.
- Have payment of billing instructions arranged with responsible party.
- Make sure we have the wheel lock key for your tires (if needed) for repair process. Check with shop if unsure.
What about my personal belongings?
- Remove all valuable items from vehicle, including parking pass, garage door opener, child car seat, including items in trunk.
- Our insurance covers damage to you vehicle as a result of fire, theft, or even employee error, but it only covers the vehicle and its factory installed parts. Consequently, we do not assume any liability for other items that you choose to leave in your vehicle.
What is a deductible?
A deductible is similar to a “co-pay” on health insurance. It is a portion of the repair bill that is not covered by your insurance policy and is set when you first purchase your insurance policy.
Deductibles are commonly $100, $250, $500 and $1,000. Typically the higher your deductible amount, the lower your insurance premium.
When and where do I pay my deductible?
Your deductible is paid to Kuroda Auto Body when your repairs are complete. The insurance company pays us for the work completed less your deductible.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Checks you receive from the insurance company should be endorsed to Kuroda Auto Body.
Cash, debit cards, personal checks (up to $500) drawn on a local bank, cashier checks or money orders.
We also accept signed Visa or Mastercard charges for payment of insurance deductibles. Maximum acceptance is $2,000.